Tuesday, May 7, 2013

RECIPE OF THE DAY:

MARINATED CHICKEN FILLET


I made this recipe because when my mom and I went to supermarket after church, she said she wants to buy  a ready made food viands which we can easily cook for breakfast. But were undecided if we want the chicken fillet that we always buy. and she said if I want to make my own marinated chicken fillet. Then I said, okay.. that's a good idea! And here it is! my own version of marinated chicken fillet.. and surprisingly, it was a good dish.. better than the chicken fillet in the supermarket. :) Anyway, It was just a "xoxo" presentation  and I hadn't made a dip sauce for this. There's no parsley or anything I can use as for the presentation so I just use this veggie leaves that I saw  in my kitchen. hihi.. It was nice though.. :) Still proud to myself! ^_^ I've made another simple and delicious dish. For those who want to try this dish, here's how...

You will need:


BLACK PEPPER GROUND, DRIED BASIL LEAVES, ROSEMARY


LEMON


CHICKEN FILLET

How to marinate and cook:

Simmer chicken broth with one cup of water. Season chicken with salt, pour the soy sauce and lemon. Add the chicken stock then add the remaining ingredients. Refrigerate for hours or one day to make the chicken more palatable. Then fry it in a low heat. You can try tartar sauce if you want. I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know if its taste good with the chicken. But don't hesitate to try. Be playful! Use any ingredients that you have  in your kitchen. Even if you have limited stuffs, you can still make it delicious by reinventing it. Like the dip sauce I've made before.. but  my group mates and I made the sauce with salmon steak during college days. Next time I'll share with you the recipe of salmon steak. In the mean time, here is the recipe of the sauce..

You will  need:

Butter
Shallots, finely chopped
Heavy cream 
Basil leaves, chiffonade

How to cook:

In a medium heat, melt butter. Stir fry shallots until just softened. Add the cream and basil leaves. Cook until completely wilted, stirring constantly. Pour over fried chicken fillet and garnish.

Enjoy!! ^_^  For more recipes, just follow me.. heyitsmykitchen.blogspot.com


1 comment: